my intro!

Hey there! My name is Maurice Jules. I am a high school math teacher at Windmill Lakes Orem High School in Houston, Texas. I am going into my 3rd year of teaching this coming school year. I am very excited to be a part of the NanoRET program at Rice.

My PI is Dr. Matteo Pasquali and my mentor is Dr. Jesus Antonio J Acapulco. The focus of the lab I am working in is the scalable manufacturing and application of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) and graphene materials with enhanced mechanical, electrical and thermal properties. My project topic is Separation of Boron Nitride Nanotubes by Encapsulation of Magnetically Responsive Metal Nanoparticles.

My background is in math, so I know it will be a challenge being in a chemistry lab working with different chemicals and tools I’m unfamiliar with. However, at the same time, I am very excited and looking forward to learning new skills and expanding my knowledge in science. Even though science is not my field of expertise, I believe this experience will assist me in enhancing myself as a teacher.

I’m a little behind on my posts, so I will make sure to post my week 1 and week 2 experiences in the next couple days. Until then, have a great day!